Friday, November 1, 2013

What Happened in the First Place?

This is a brief explanation of what happened. There is so much more to the story. I started typing it out but I want to make sure I capture every moment God was so evident. But for now....



I was due 12/3 with c-section set for 11/26. But I had an emergency c-section around 3 am fri morning 11/1. Turns out my uterus ruptured. Thankfully I didn't know that at the time. I lost a lot of blood so had a transfusion.  
 photo a-few-hours-oxygen_zps27d37d0a.jpg

 photo A-few-hours_zps4ac302bf.jpg
This picture she looks just like Simon did at birth


Baby girl (still working on a name) was 7#1 oz at 35 1/2 weeks. Doctor thought she had asphyxia and so to prevent brain damage was sent to St. Joseph's in Milw. for a hypothermia treatment. Her temp was gradually lowered to 92.3 and she is sedated with pain meds to help her tolerate it. Also on a ventilator. She will be kept cool for 72 hours and we can't touch her during that time. John has been with her each day while I recover here. They will begin to warm her on Mon. morning. Brain activity so far is good. Praising God for protecting the two of us!

 photo Day-2_zps3fd9c241.jpg
At St. Joseph's


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...