Sunday, November 3, 2013

Update and Baby Name

Thank you all who have been praying for our family and especially our precious little girl who now has a name! We finally decided on Grace Elizabeth as the grace of God has been woven throughout our story in so many ways that we are just in awe. I hope to get them all written down soon. 

This morning we woke to a scare. There was nothing more that could help Grace with her breathing at St. Joseph's and they decided to transfer her to Children's. When she arrived there she was not doing good and John and I wondered how long we would have left with our daughter. The only thing we could do was remember that she is in God's hands and lean on Him. John stopped at the hospital to hold me before heading down to Milwaukee. A very scary and emotional day.

We have had so many people from everywhere rally around us as prayer warriors and it was so evident today as John continually updated me with positives. 

Grace is on blood pressure medication and they are doing a revolutionary treatment for pulmonary hypertension where they inject nitrous oxide into the lungs to help the pulmonary arteries expand and help the lungs. One of the top doctors in the world in this field will be working on her tomorrow. 

She is responding well to treatment and no longer has the need for the invasive ECMO machine they were going to put her on. Praise The Lord!

The doctors had decided to begin warming her back up earlier to focus on her lungs as all of the tests have come back with no sign of brain damage which had been a big concern. When John and my Dad left the hospital this evening she was almost back to normal temp. This means they were able to touch her today. And she is being slightly wrapped more in the position she was in the womb. 

Grace did have a blood transfusion today and is still on a ventilator and she needs to get to the point of breathing on her own. 

As for me, I am being discharged tomorrow and will get to see and touch my "precious jewel", as a friend described her. It is fitting as her initials are "gem". 

The past few days have been better than I expected without a baby. In fact, it hasn't really felt as if I had a baby, except for the fact that I have the pain to prove it. But family and friends have been wonderful distractions for me. I have been told that this was not like any of my other c-sections and was very traumatic for my body and healing may take longer. I have found from talking with many how serious my rupture was. And I find myself on a special/memorable list from all of those doctors and nurses involved. I can't say enough how grateful I am for the care I have received. And God has been glorified as many acknowledge He was in control. 

Praising The Lord tonight for the love and grace He has shown us. 

One of our Pastors read from Psalm 27 in church today and then I had it read to me here at the hospital and it was such a comfort. These are verses I have often recited.


13 I would have despaired, unless I had believed 
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...