Monday, October 1, 2012

View From My Porch

The first day of October and we are two weeks ahead of schedule for fall color and seem to be at peak (based on comparison of past pictures). From what I have heard it is due to the warmer winter and dry summer we have had. Well, it makes sense since the trees leafed out much earlier too.


From-Our-Porch



The view from my porch is simply amazing! I could sit there all day reveling in the wondrous site so very grateful to God who has painted autumn with such glorious colors. I know in not too many weeks this will all end. Oh, how I wish these beautiful colors could stay longer!

This picture gives a hint to our Christmas card picture. See the grassy hill in front. That is where I hope we will be sitting tonight. If all goes as planned that is. 



From-Our-Porch-2


"Just before the death of flowers,
And before they are buried in snow,
There comes a festival season
When nature is all aglow."

Author Unknown

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...