Friday, May 29, 2009

Remembering Owen

A year ago today little Owen Matthew was born still. (You may remember my post about it HERE) My cousin and his wife have had a year filled with ups and downs but have been such an encouragement to those around them. Their faith is so strong and they testify that God is good ALL the time. Today should be a day to celebrate with family a little boy turning one. A time when he would be pulling himself up to standing and taking his first steps. So many things missed but yet we trust in a  God who knows best and wanted little Owen home with Him. There are still hard days and it hurts and I know there will always be days when the pain is weighing down.

My heart hurts for them especially when my baby boy hugs me close and I long for them to also be experiencing that unbelievable kind of joy. How wonderful it would be if we could see things the way God sees them and understand His plan but that is not possible this side of heaven.

I was reading this verse the other day and it is exactly how I was feeling today as I thought about Owen Matthew on this his first birthday in heaven.


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Heather recently began a blog called Fullness of Grace that chronicles Owen's story and how they have been blessed. I encourage you to visit and read their story. You can find it on my sidebar or click HERE.

Thanks Heather and Jason for sharing your story and bringing glory to God through it. I love you both and as always am praying for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, we are so grateful for your support and encouragement. And, we were so touched by your visit last night. I will post a birthday post for Owen tonight.


Love you,

Heather & Jason

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...