Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Graduation & Visiting Grandparents

Last weekend we had time away to spend with John's parents and seeing as they live only 1/2 hour away from Northland International we were able to attend the graduation of two of the students we have become friends with through their extension program. I enjoyed this so much, although graduations are always emotional events for me. From the moment the graduates began marching in I had to hold myself in check and keep reminding myself that these are not my children so I had no "good reason" to cry. It was a very God-honoring ceremony and throughout the handing out of diplomas there were periodic testimonies either by a student or their parent as to God's faithfulness or in thankfulness to the school, etc. They closed with everyone joined together in a song of praise. It was amazing and I wish I had more words to describe it.

We walked the campus a bit afterwards and the boys enjoyed seeing the pond and waterslide. They thought there was too much walking involved though. :)

Our next desination was to visit with some friends of my in-laws who have a horse farm but along the way we stopped for a bite to eat and I had really yummy Reuben Soup complete with melted swiss cheese and rye bread croutons -- I need to find a recipe for that, although I'd be the only one eating it.

It was a cool day so we did not spend much time at the farm but the children were able to see all of the various animals. They were a bit disappointed not to ride horses, but another time.

The rest of the visit was spent with John's parents briefly celebrating his Mom's birthday (a little late) playing marbles, and just relaxing.


I didn't get any pictures taken at graduation unfortunately but this is from the week before at their "send-off" party. "Jar" is holding Missy and Hanna is attempting to help hold Baby Boy.



Finally I was able to get a picture of all of the kids with Grandpa & Grandma (although still a bit blurry as I am having camera "issues")


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...