Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Teach Them Diligently Convention

Did you miss me? I know I don't have many readers anymore. I could work at that and post more often I suppose and I often intend to. But guess what? Life continues to move on and some things have to give a bit. But anyway, for those of you who did notice we took a nice long vacation and I didn't get on the computer. I had my previous post all ready to go but never did get it posted until we returned.

We had a great time in Tennessee first in the mountains and then over to Nashville for the Teach Them Diligently Convention which was amazing! I have never been to a convention this encouraging before. The theme from most all of the speakers I heard was the reminder that we are raising arrows (Psalm 127:4). As Heidi St. John said, "Education is discipleship". Academics is not the goal of homeschooling. The goal is reaching the heart of our children, training them to walk with the Lord, and raising them to go out into the world and make a difference. So refreshing!

Of course they all gave practical and fresh ideas to try as well and the vendor halls were full of wonderful products. There were so many options for speakers that John and I ended up splitting up most of the time to make the most of it. My parents came along and entertained the children at the time share we rented whenever we weren't around. (We didn't attend intensely seeing as we were on vacation too).

At the Gaylord photo Us-at-the-Gaylod_zpse7bc911f.jpg

At the Convention which was held at the Gaylord Opryland! Quite an amazing place!

I highly encourage you to look into attending next years convention! They will be offering 4 locations in 2014, unfortunately again nothing close to us. But John already asked which one I want to go to. :)

More pictures to come documenting our days... well, I didn't take as many pictures as I had planned. I was too busy enjoying myself. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...