Monday, April 13, 2009

My Jesus Is Alive!

We had a wonderful Resurrection Day yesterday! (I tried posting this last night but couldn't get my video uploaded).

We began our morning with a breakfast of caramel rolls (monkey bread) but used the Resurrection rolls concept and put a marshmallow in the center of each roll of dough which then melt and make an "empty tomb". The kids enjoyed that! Last year we tried the Resurrection cookies but no one was thrilled with those seeing as they were basically a meringue cookie with pecans.

After church we went out to eat for our traditional Chinese meal with my Grandpa, parents and sister's family. Not sure how that tradition got started but it kind of reminds us of the movie "Christmas Story" (my least favorite movie but husband's favorite) where they ate Chinese for Christmas dinner.

Our family picture. I couldn't find anything green to match. I found the boy's vests from TCP on clearance last year for $2 each! Missy's dress I found to match on eBay as it was from the same line.

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at my parents house after the children had gone on a scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets. At home we hid eggs around outside that contained clues to find a special gift. We then finished up reading "Benjamin's Box" using the Resurrection eggs from Family Life. Last year I had made my own but parts of them are missing (what's new?) and so I did buy the eggs already made and must say it was well worth it!  Later in the evening we watched the first half of "The Ten Commandments"

I highly recommend "Passion Hymns for a Kids Heart" which we have used for two years now. I love that series in general as the children learn great hymns of the faith and the story behind them and it also helps them to sing out more at church.

The following is a short video of Missy Blue. She had been eating a snack and started singing over and over the song the childrens choir had sang that morning. "Sing Hallelujah, Sing Hallelujah, My Jesus is alive." (she started to say "ever more" but I cut her off.)

I hope you had a blessed Easter!



2 comments:

sahmto4orMore said...

I love the photo and the video!

Joy watched the video and she is just grinning from ear to ear. She is sure that she and Missy would be best of friends.

5atkins said...

How absolutely adorable! I love the precious picture and video! Isn't it wonderful to share such treasured moments with our families!


I can't wait to see pics from the missionary was museum. That is so cool! I hope to find a homeschool group soon that I can do things like this!


Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!


Blessings, Eva

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...