Sunday, January 6, 2008

Baby Boy has RSV

A quick update to let you know that Baby Boy is in the hospital with RSV. He has had cold symptoms for weeks but Thursday night started in with a deep cough and more labored breathing. It continued into Friday and we began breathing treatments with our nebulizer as I suspected RSV. I remember going through a hospital stay with Pete and Re-Pete when they were 1 month old because of this. I took him in last night so haven't had any sleep at this point and I am at home to pack some things for my stay and wanted to ask those of you who follow my blog to pray for our little guy. He is struggling to breath so and it is very difficult to watch him, especially when he opens his eyes and looks at me with a face of "help me Mommy".  We could be there up to five days but I am really praying for much less as I want us to be at home with the rest of our family. Thankfully he hasn't gotten any worse which is a good thing.

4 comments:

KindredHeart said...

My heart goes out to you, friend. Our youngest was hospitalized with RSV and double pneumonia when he was little, and I well remember the feelings and emotions I struggled with during that time. Know that we'll be praying for your sweet baby's healing and renewed strength, as well as for your heart's hope and encouragement during this time.


Much love ~

Colleen said...

God bless! We just had that scare as well but turned out to be bronchiolitis, but we got the inhaler, just in case. His cough just breaks my heart, so I can only imagine what you're going through. I will pray for the whole fam!


sahmto4orMore said...

Oh, i am so sorry to hear that he is so sick.

My third had RSV when he was six weeks old and it was very scary, my heart is just aching for you as i know exactly what you are going through.


We will pray for your baby and for your peace and strength, too.


(((HUGS))))

tracy

EEEEMommy said...

I'm sorry! I will be praying for both of you!!! Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...