Thursday, January 24, 2008

Everyday life

I am finally back into a somewhat "normal" routine. Last week we had birthdays but will celebrate all three tomorrow. The boys have been looking forward to this for awhile and have waited more patiently than I had thought possible. We were originally going to celebrate this past Friday but seeing as I had been at the hospital with Baby for a week that changed our plans. We are going out for pizza this time as it will be so much easier than putting a meal and cakes together. I made the mistake when I started having the boys pick out the birthday cake they want me to make each year (see the coolest birthday cake website in my links) and some can get more elaborate than I have time for. I do enjoy it but it is always the time that is lacking. This year the theme is Cars from the movie.

Missy Blue is increasing her vocabulary daily and this week is stuck on the words "no", "STOP!" and "what Mama?" and has also taken to calling me by my name (she says "MeMe") instead of "Mama". She is also getting much nosier. I can't imagine what it will be like at our house when she is really talking. Right now she just jabbers on and on with much nonsense mixed in (at least to us) and we all sit and look at her in amazement. I suppose that is why she has taken to saying, "what?"

Baby Boy has settled into a nice routine for me. He has increased the length between feedings to 3 1/2 to 4 hours which is great! That in turn causes his naptimes to fall at the typical times of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and also an evening nap. I am able to accomplish so much more with just this small change. He is also sleeping from 10:30 p.m. until 8:00 a.m! Yesterday he scooted himself from the middle of my parents bed to having his feet off the edge. I don't recall that stage being so early with the other children, especially Missy Blue who was slow as molasses for any physical movement. I was hoping I would have another content and less active baby but we'll see as he also managed to get himself from his tummy to his side yesterday. Slow down please!!

Sorry for the lack of pictures. We have been having a problem downloading them from our camera to the computer. (I am fairly certain some little fingers were playing around with the connector) I should have some posted next week.

Enjoy your weekend!


living4Him said...

I just wanted to say that it was good to hear how things are in your household! You do such a good job describing your little ones...I enjoy reading about them...

Have a good day!


Colleen said...

Not fair!! Was that just a fluke or is he consistently sleeping from 10 to 8? We just got our BB to sleep from 10 to 4:30 last night and I was excited! Otherwise, he's been getting up every 3 hours and eating at least 5 oz. We changed the routine a bit this weekend and last night was the first time he slept more than 3 hours in almost 2 months. Good luck with Missy Babbles-A-Lot, but I always enjoy hearing the things that come out of their mouthes. Glad to hear everyone is home and healthy! Say hi to the fam for me!

sahmto4orMore said...

OK, i'm jealous of Baby Boy's schedule. We're mostly good at night, but she is still hungry in the day. 3 hours is good for us now.

It sounds like he is really active. RSV didn't slow him down a bit, did it?

I love the Moby Wrap. It is so versatile and will grow with you and baby. There are so many ways to position them, too. It uses my whole back, not just one side. I have a Maya wrap, too, and i don't care for it as much. I have been able to hold baby in the wrap and carry my toddler on my hip at the same time (not in the wrap). It was well worth it. I got mine for $35.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...