Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Odds and Ends

Some more odds and ends for you. I updated my slide show with the pictures from Christmas up until today. You can see the boys birthday cakes which turned out nicely. I made Tank a checkerboard cake using a special pan but the cake was so dry and I didn't like the flavor. I used the recipe that came with the pan so I had never tried it before. It was also putzy so I wouldn't do it again, although it looked neat. Thankfully Tank still enjoyed it. Pete and Re-Pete chose a carrot cake and that was so yummy with cream cheese frosting. I used black sugar for the road and it turned our lips black but definitely looked like blacktop.


Pete & Re-Pete with the 6 race track cake

Tank with his Cars cake


We ended up going out for pizza as my husband had a last minute business trip last week and it was too much to get the house in order, bake cakes, and make a meal. We ended up having cake and gifts at my parents house which was nice seeing as it was snowing and it is more difficult for everyone to get to our house in the snow.

A friend of mine started a blog a few weeks ago. If you get a chance, stop in and say "Hi".

I had a couple of comments regarding Baby Boy's routine and sleeping through the night. For each of the children I have used the method in the Babywise book. It seems to be a "controversial" book but I am not rigid with scheduling feedings, etc. The basic idea is not letting your baby fall asleep while eating. I always wake the baby after nursing by changing the diaper or some such thing, except at the last feeding at night or in the middle of the night. Just this simple thing organizes the day for the baby and they learn to fall asleep without help. I have done this with each child, including the twins. They each accomplished the goal at various times but each by the time they were 3 months old.

The boys went outside this morning before the big snowstorm and below freezing temps hit. They decided to make my husband, me, and Baby Boy out of snow.  Don't you love my hair?

Daddy, Mommy, and Baby at our "feet". In the slide show Baby is in Pete's arms




3 comments:

anneliesekmcdowell said...

Very cute pictures in the slide show. I see Lydia made her debut in the picture at the Xmas program! Thanks for making a link, I have had fun reading all about you guys, too.

SchoolinRhome said...

The Cars cakes look amazing! My boys would LOVE these! My son wants a Planes, trains and Cars birthday, He wants to have contests with toy planes down/over our big hill and lots with cars, etc. I need to start planning it so if you had any successful Cars games, please let me know.

The snowman family is just adorable! What special memories!

SchoolinRhome

sahmto4orMore said...

The cakes look really great!

Cute snow family, too. Maybe we'll get snow tomorrow.


I have used Babywise, too, and she is 3 hours apart now. I don't let her fall asleep nursing, either, unless it's first thing in the morning or late at night. She is sleeping through the night the majority of the time at least, but the day is not quite set up yet, but it's more predictable than a week ago so we're getting there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...