Sunday, February 26, 2012

Face Painting

One part I played in the kids 4H production of "Circus Circus" was painting faces. I love art -- drawing, painting, you name it but I rarely have time for it. I have never painted faces but figured it was much like any other painting just on a different canvas.

face-painting

Re-Pete and Tank were lions and Missy was a tight-rope walker. I found ideas on the internet and kind of went with it. I had a lot of fun using a bit of my creative side in that way. A friend told me I could go into business painting faces. One more thing to add to my list of "things to do when my children are grown".

Lions-and-tamer

My lions, Re-Pete and Tank with their friend whose face I also painted. George their lion tamer also wanted his face painted.

Re-Pete-lion-face

Re-Pete as a lion. Being in a hurry this day and painting three -- it didn't turn out as nicely as it had in my practice run. I also was painting from memory and I do better with an example to follow. Next try I would use orange and yellow paint to make it more bold. Here I used some foundation I had that was too orange for my face which gave it a more subtle look. I also forgot a line under their eyes.

Missy-face-paint

Missy's was fun to do. I also liked her practice run better but I was trying to change this up a bit as I hoped to get more red in to match her outfit. She is also kind of particular and has ideas of her own. But this was nice and colorful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...