Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Feeling Very Pampered

For my birthday a few months back my Mom suggested to my husband that they all chip in for a gift card to a high-end spa in the area for a prenatal massage. I was shocked when I opened the card and of course cried at the thought of being pampered so and at the thoughtfulness of the gift. My sister had been there before for a pedicure with a group of friends and suggested that we go together and relax in the spa first before having our individual treatments.

Although our time was short it was so nice! We wandered around this beautiful place a bit taking everything in since I had never been but then took a short dip in the pool complete with waterfall. We ordered smoothies and then headed to the rooftop deck complete with fireplace and a nice view and relaxed in the whirlpool. (It wasn't too hot but I did manage to kind of float with my belly out of the water to be safe.) It was a quiet evening and so we had the area to ourselves.

After about an hour we went our separate ways, my sister to her pedicure and me to my 50 minute massage. While it wasn't exactly relaxing trying to maneuver myself onto a special pillow, the massage was very nice and I could have stayed at the spa so much longer. What a fun time to spend with my sister! We have plans to go again in spring and take Mom with us.

Thank you Mom for the idea and to all of you who had a part in this special gift!

 

Here is the pool with waterfall at the end. They have relaxing chairs all throughout. There was also a small whirlpool in our locker room area.

Here we are in our robes out in the lobby area. We also had special sandals to wear.

1 comment:

KindredHeart said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to enjoy some pampering and refreshment!


I'm thinking of you and praying for you as you await your new little one's arrival. It won't be long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...