Friday, July 6, 2007

Ultrasound


"I will praise You; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made" -- Psalm 139:14 

 


Here is the first picture of our little one taken a few weeks ago. My favorite thing to see on ultrasound pictures are the perfectly formed tiny hands! I am always fascinated at the developing life within me and so the children and I have been tracking the progress of the growing baby with a development chart I found on Answers in Genesis. Now that the major development is complete we also watch the ticker above for weekly progress.


We decided not to find out if it is a boy or a girl this time as we are prepared for either. I also wanted the excitement of a surprise again. George is disappointed as he wants another girl and would really like to know now.


I am putting together a long list of names that even remotely strike my fancy as my husband seems to toss out many that I like. As in the past I assume we won't have the final names until near the end. I may be too particular in that if I like a name but I don't like the meaning than forget it. For example, we both like the name Cameron but did you know the meaning is "crooked nose"? We did not agree on the name for Tank but in the end I decided that if my husband really liked the name I would be okay with that and it grew on me and now I cannot imagine him with any other name.


So, if you have any suggestions for baby names please pass them my way! Our boys all have biblical first names with a middle name after a family member and our daughter has a more classical one. I am not too crazy about trendy names or overly popular. Thanks for your help!


4 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I'm big on name meanings too. I always liked Sophia Lael (wisdom of God) for a girl, but my husband wouldn't go for it. Josiah (God will save) and Micah (Who Is Like God?) are two of my favorite Biblical boys' names.


Ultrasounds are so much fun! We never found out whether it was a girl or a boy. It's the best surprise in the world and such a sweet reward after all that pushing!

sahmto4orMore said...

Ours won't be named until she is born. I'd love to have a name now, but husband won't name til birth.


For names, i like:

Josiah

Benjamin

Ethan

David

Levi


Sarah

Lydia

Ruth

Elisabeth

Faith


Of course, it's all how it fits with your other kids' names and your last name, etc. I go by meaning, too. I always liked Rachel until i saw the meaning, or was it Rebekah? might be both

Colleen said...

Since we found out it is DEFINITELY a boy, Connor (a name we've had picked out since our first anniversary), you can have the girl name we picked out - Rebecca. Ted had some other girl names picked out that were kind of weird, so I promptly forgot those.


I'm sure my mom will be calling your MIL in a couple weeks with news of Connor's arrival - she's just a little excited about finally have a boy to play with!


Good luck to you and enjoy!

Diane said...

That baby picture is precious. {sighing}


I love Levi for a boy which others have also mentioned. I also like Samuel because I LOVE Sam and Sammy for a nickname. :)


Names are so hard. God will put the perfect name on your mind, I'm sure of it. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...