Monday, March 22, 2010

Mmmm Monday -- Pita Sandwiches

I haven't shared a recipe for awhile but the other day I pulled out my cookbook  -- Eating Healthy and made sandwiches that all of the children enjoyed.

Pita Sandwich

-- Pita Bread Pockets
-- Mozzarella cheese
-- Green Peppers, sliced
-- Cucumber, sliced
-- Tomato, sliced
-- Italian dressing packet

Melt desired amount of cheese in the pita pocket and sprinkle with powdered Italian dressing to taste. Top with peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and I also added spinach. I diced my veggies rather than slicing but it might hold together better sliced. This also works well using tortillas and cooking them on a griddle. The children gobbled them up in no time!

Cheese is melted on the bottom and topped with the veggies.

1 comment:

Sandpiper said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I haven't been blogging very regularly lately but it's nice to know somebody visits!!

That pita sandwich looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...