Monday, April 5, 2010

Newest Addition

Meet the newest addition to our family -- Honest Abe "Lincoln"!  We picked him up a week ago and were surprised at how well he did on the 4 hour ride home. He is the sweetest little puppy and likes to give kisses. His favorite position is on his back for a belly rub. Here is our first day home with the gang.



I am finding having a puppy to be more work than I remembered it to be and having Lincoln is similar in many ways to having a baby. The boys try to help out with feeding him and taking him out but at this point Lincoln cannot keep up with them and often will lay down in the grass with a stick to chew on and so they get bored with him. It also takes a bit more planning before we leave the house for any period of time, which I need to get used to.


Thankfully Lincoln only had one night where he needed to go out at 2 a.m. but otherwise he is sleeping from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. He will wake earlier if he hears John leaving at 5 a.m. but John has taken to sneaking out -- although this morning it took him 10 minutes to walk down our hallway! :)- Tonight we are covering the front of the crate with a blanket.


Our two children who were afraid of dogs have adjusted well and I cannot tell that they were afraid with how they love on Lincoln. Only Seppy is our holdout and is not sure. He will pet him when he is sleeping but gets out of the way when Lincoln is raring to go. I suppose he will get used to him in time.



I have a sleeping, snoring, puppy at my feet as I type. Lincoln tends to like to sleep at my feet when I am in the kitchen and such.  John calls him my "foot warmer" which I certaintly can use! Here is our Lincoln (after rolling in the dirt) looking so handsome -- the next subject for my camera. :)








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just so cute! I wish Bentley would sleep through the night but he is just a bit younger and thank goodness is increasing his time every night!


I fully believe having a puppy is more difficult than a newborn...at least a baby can go everywhere with you! Rita

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet ... it's hard to remember Maizey being that little, and that was just a few months ago! Hopefully we can come by and see him soon, maybe this weekend? Heather

Tracy said...

He is soooo cute! It almost makes me want a puppy, almost.

I am sure he will be well-loved at your house and he must think he's gone to puppy heaven with all the attention and space to run.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...