Monday, October 6, 2008

Traveling and Flight Trackers

Two weeks ago my husband was in Korea for a few days on business. Unfortunately to get there in time for a meeting on Monday he left here on a Saturday, leaving us on our own for the weekend. Now he has been traveling almost every other week as of late but this time I was quite emotional and nervous as the thought of him so far from home was not sitting well. His flight was 14 hours and he didn't look forward to that.

I went through my day in kind of a blur not knowing what I was doing. Thankfully I found a real-time flight tracker where I could watch exactly where my husband's plane was at that very moment and I felt a little more connected to him. I did become a little addicted to watching and the boys enjoyed it as well. Flying over Canada took the longest but by their bedtime he was over Alaska and headed to Russia. Most trackers do not allow you to see anything past Canadian or US airspace but I did find one that I could still see his plane over Russia. I so wanted to wait until I could see his plane land but that wasn't until 2 a.m. and so I reluctantly went to bed. By the time I woke it was nighttime in Korea and he was headed out for a late supper.

So, if someone you know is taking a trip by plane try out  some of the live flight trackers and watch the little plane move over the map. www.flightstats.com is the one I like best, although it doesn't track internationally.

My husband had a good time seeing the Hyundai plant which is who he is working on a project for. He also was able to do some sightseeing and try interesting cuisine such as cow heart, intestines, and stomach. His was fried and he said it tasted good, just a little rubbery.   I'd share pictures of his visit but he still has them on his laptop. He was happy to come home again and said it was crazy there in Seoul with millions of people.

The kids and I were thrilled to have him back home!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...