Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to the Farm

Those of you who have read my blog for awhile know that every summer the boys and I work 3 hours a week at the organic farm down the road in exchange for a box of produce. This summer has been no different except for the fact that I decided to bring the whole crew with me. The older boys are the experienced ones now. Tank is thrilled to be working this year as in the past he has had to stay home with Grandma, or a babysitter. Even Missy Blue has tried her hand at helping, although she mainly plays in the sand pile or on the trampoline. Baby Boy hangs out on my back and typically takes a nap.

I am so thankful for this opportunity and also for the eagerness my children have in working, for the most part. Our jobs have included making bunches of green onions, bagging and weighing salad mix or green beans and of course boxing, which is where all of the produce is packed to ready boxes for delivery. Boxing is the favorite job to do and lately I have allowed the children to play first while I work and then they help with the boxing, which can take at least two hours. It is too much for me to stay until the end and the little ones need naps so I head home. The four boys stay and help out and from what I am always told, they are really a help. They are also an extremely messy lot when they are finished!


Missy Blue helping to bag lettuce. She only did a couple of bags and then she would take our completed bags and put them in a crate, until she decided it might be more fun to go outside and play.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...