Monday, April 7, 2008

Our Weekend

This weekend we spent a relaxing time up North with my husband's parents. We haven't been since last summer and thought we should take the trip before race season begins. The fact that they have a new puppy was a nice incentive also.


Daddy & Morgan. George is still trying to convince us we need a puppy. I think we'll just have fun visiting with one. :)



I was a little concerned as they had had 9 inches of snow earlier in the week and at home the temps were supposed to get to 60 degrees. But the Lord provided us with weather that was absolutely beautiful and finally felt like spring. It was the first time we were able to be outside without a jacket and I reveled in that! We started the day with a visit to the next town over for a rummage sale and a visit to my favorite quaint shop. I only ever look there for ideas as the prices are crazy and I always think how I could make that myself if I just had the time. This time I found the cutest frame idea with a quote by Winnie the Pooh that I am going to make and have already enlisted my husband to find wood for me.  I'll post a picture when it is complete.

Our afternoon was spent with the children making stepping stones for Grandma's garden (the kits were our Christmas gift to her) and they all turned out really nice. Baby Boy put his hand in the cement and Missy was so excited to but as soon as she felt the wetness decided that she would rather not. I got her hand in anyway and she did have fun decorating with the colored stones.



Pete, George, & Re-Pete concentrating on their stepping stones.


Missy & Tank working on her stone.


We played with the adorable puppy, Morgan; went for walks just breathing in the fresh air with the scent of spring; and then just sat and watched the boys barefoot (their favorite way to be) in the puddles sailing their boats. They had so much fun.


Racing their boats in the puddles.


On the way home I watched for more and more signs of "green" and less and less snow! We have a bit left to melt here but I know that thankfully it is on it's way out which brings with it a new season of traveling as race season gets underway next month.




1 comment:

sahmto4orMore said...

It looks like a good time was had by all.

What a cute puppy!


I've been thinking about making stones like that, too.

I'm sure they will be treasured by your in-laws.


I'm going to check out the blog from Selah now...Tissues ready!


Have a good weekend,

tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...