Friday, February 8, 2008

Show & Tell Friday

I thought I would do something new and join CanadaGirl for Show and Tell Friday.

The boys and I enjoy being creative with our food. I used to do more of this when George was a little guy but I can see that the fun of it has rubbed off on all of the boys. They all try to come up with new creations whenever we have mashed potatoes. And they always seem to think we need to use cookie cutters for our sandwiches. When making mini pizzas the designs all vary from a mixed up design to a flower made of pepperoni, black olives, peppers, etc. I have a number of fun cookbooks for kids and we made "Monster Sandwiches" for lunch yesterday. Each boy put their own sandwich together and enjoyed eating their "monster" too! Black olives and red peppers are a favorite here! I think they turned out pretty cute! The boys are pretty cute too! (Okay, I'm partial)


8 comments:

kimalita said...

Seeing your boys and their 'monster sandwiches' brought a smile to my face! Those are wonderful creations. What a snazzy idea!


Way to go, MOM! I'm always looking for new & creative ideas, thanks for adding to my list!

blessedwith2angels said...

Those sandwiches are to cute. Your kids are adorable too. My daughter used to love to make volcanoes out of her mashed potatoes and gravy.

Pam

blessinghill said...

Those are so cute! They did a great job. It would be hard to eat something so cute.

bakerswife said...

I like them, and I'll bet they taste yummy as well.

Have a blessed weekend.

Mama Karen

sahmto4orMore said...

You did great for your first show and tell.


I love the sandwiches....how cute!


And, yes, the boys are cute, too.


EEEEMommy said...

I agree, cute to both! :) And it counts as art class, right? :)

This post takes me back to my college days when I worked in the dishroom and my friends would make plate faces for me and send them through the line. I shudder now at the amount of food that was wasted by their creativity, but it was so much fun and always brought a smile to my face in an otherwise drudgerous time. :)

LaMereAcademy said...

Those sandwiches turned out great!

You have a beautiful family.

~Becky

5atkins said...

My girls loved the sandwiches! They want to do it today! I told them they would have to eat the peppers and olives. Only one wanted to do that part! :) Mine don't like olives! I just acquired a taste for the black ones, so I don't blame them!


Your valentines projects and party looked like a lot of family fun! What a blessing!


In Christ, Eva

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...