Monday, June 18, 2007

Our Weekend

June is dairy month and every year we look forward to "Breakfast on the Farm" where an area farm hosts a breakfast for the county. It was not far from our house this year which was nice. We got there by 8:30 a.m. but it was already packed and we waited in line. (My husband had wanted to go earlier but someone in this house cannot seem to get her act together to allow for that. If he wasn't keeping me moving I don't think I would ever make it to places on time.)

Twin calves Vin and Vonnie




The breakfast was under a big tent and we had very kind volunteers who offered to help us out with carrying our children's plates and pushing a stroller which we were thankful for. We enjoyed "real" scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, bagels and cream cheese, donuts, yogurt and or cottage cheese with fruit and of course cheese in various forms. After a filling breakfast we wandered the farm to see how milk gets from the farm to the store. While we prefer to drink raw milk from pasture-fed cows this was still fun and educational. Did you know that a cow will drink a bathtub full of water each day? I also read that cheese is the number one craving, even above chocolate which isn't true in my case!

The boys watching the cows eating their grain


After a hot and humid morning everyone was getting crabby but resting under the shade trees and eating custard perked us all up.

Missy Blue enjoying her custard


That evening we celebrated my nephew's 3rd birthday and my sister made an adoreable train cake. If you need any fun cake ideas check out Coolest Birthday Cakes
Happy Birthday sweet boy!


Daddy trying to get a kiss from his little girl


UPDATE: In my last post I asked that you would please pray for Jean. Not much has changed since that post and I ask that you would continue to keep her in prayer. She is still on a respirator and each time they try to decrease the level of oxygen her heart rate shoots up. The doctors do not want her on that any longer as it could lead to pneumonia which would not be good. We had thought she would have a tracheotomy today but they are now waiting to consult with the cancer doctor.  Praise the Lord that during such a trial there is a bit of happiness in that Jean's daughter had a healthy baby girl!

1 comment:

sahmto4orMore said...

What a cool field trip. It made me hungry just to read about your breakfast.


That is an awesome train cake. My littlest guy must not see that lest he get ideas for his next birthday. I don't think i could pull that off!


How is your pregnancy going?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...