Friday, December 15, 2006

Seasoned with Salt

I was shopping with the older boys last night. I don't know what got into "Pete" but he was acting like a two-year old again. He was taking his sweet time following me to the point where "Repeat" would have to go back to make sure he knew what aisle we turned into. Then while we were looking at clothes for them he decided to crawl on the floor under a display of shirts where I could see dust flying out!  I told him to get up right away and of course he went into "grump-mode" which he stayed in the rest of the time. On the way home "George" and "Repeat" were talking about the grump and said that "Pete" was grumpy because "Mommy talked mean to him". At that point I knew that I had spoken in a tone that was not so sweet. I asked them to give me an example of how my speech should be. They responded with a sweet, sing-songy "Pete, would you please get off the floor." Ah yes, I will keep that in mind for next time. In the meantime, I owed "Pete" and apology for yelling. It is no wonder the boys yell at each other or respond to me in a less than pleasant voice -- they are only a reflection of me.


Colossians 4:6 "Let your speech always be with grace (as though) seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person"

1 comment:

emptynestnot said...

I to have a son named Pete who is now 23 and also have a son who we called Repeat (Joseph) who is 25. I to had a time when we were shopping and Pete crawled in a circular clothes rack where upon I paniced because I could not find him. I to spoke rather harshly to him. He never was to far from me after that time. Thank you for bring that to my mind today. It brought a smile to me today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...