Friday, May 11, 2007

Must-have book





I really enjoy the materials by Answers in Genesis but my favorite children's book written by Ken and Mally Ham is "A is for Adam". I have found what a tool this book can be in the lives of my children. While it does have cartoon type drawings the writing is biblically based teaching the gospel starting in Genesis. The rhymes for each letter are catchy so that the truths they teach become ingrained. I found this out today while the boys and I were going through our fields and seeing all of the things growing. We saw the wild blackberry vines and talked about the thorns as someone got caught on one. George said he knew why they had thorns, "Because Adam and Eve sinned. Thorns, thistles, and cursed ground for man's sake." (speaking of what happened when sin entered the world.)

This book has been wonderful in pointing my three oldest boys to Christ. It does not dumb down the gospel or gloss over scripture that we need to hear. It clearly shows God's plan of salvation while also showing there is eternal judgment for those who do not trust in the Lord. A few years ago George was convicted of his sin when we came to the letter "P" for God's plan. Then this past school-year we went through the book using the devotional guide in the back and this time God's plan for salvation brought Pete and Re-Pete to start questioning how to get to heaven. We have had many good discussions with them and in the past month both of them have accepted Christ as their Savior! Praise the Lord! I am delighted with how God is working in their lives already at such a young age and I look forward to all that He has in store for them.


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4


1 comment:

sahmto4orMore said...

I have alot of books from AIG, but somehow i have missed this one. I'll have to put it on our Christmas list. Thanks for the recommendation!


I haven't forgotten the tag..........just busy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...