Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring at last!



Spring has arrived! My husband and I stood out on the porch last night feeling the breezes blow listening to the distant thunder and taking in that wonderful scent that only comes in spring. Ahhh! It was an above normal “warm” night for us in March at 55 degrees. That always amuses us with the fact that in fall at that same temperature it would feel chilly. My Grandma L. said a few years back that she enjoyed the winter for the fact that when it was over she appreciated the spring and summer all the more. I definitely agree. Without all of the dreariness and cold of winter would I take as much delight in each sign of new life we find? How exciting to watch the trees beginning to bud, to see green grass finally poking out among all the brown, to watch the birds building a new nest and to know that God has ordered all of this. This brings the words of my Grandma E.’s favorite hymn to mind…


How Great Thou Art
O Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy pow'r thro'out the universe displayed......

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
 How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my sou, my Savior God to Thee;
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...