Friday, March 2, 2007

The conscience of a child

Last night I caught Pete saying a naughty word. Judging by the expression on his face and the fact that I haven't heard it before he did not know that it wasn't a part of our everyday speech. Our twins both have a very sensitive spirit and the minute I asked Pete to come and talk with me he started to cry. I explained why we do not say this and wondered where he had heard it but he did not know. (Children catch things too quickly!) He is now aware that he should never say it again but was bothered by it for the next hour or more. He was very sullen and even after he was in bed started crying about it again. We asked why he was crying and he said that he couldn't stop thinking about what he said. My husband reminded him of our love and God's love for him and we prayed with him for a peaceful night of sleep. The bible verse we will learn for next week is...Ephesians 4:29  "Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

So, sweet. With my especially sensitive ones, I often have to quote I John 1:9 and tell them that since they have confessed their sins, God HAS forgiven them. Then they go forward in peace.


Keep instructing them in God's Word, He's doing a great job through you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...