Monday, February 26, 2007

Hiking and Animal tracks

We went on a fun field trip last week to an area environmental park and had a very informative hike. It was supposed to be on snowshoes but because of a warm-up and little snow it wasn't possible. (After our weekend blizzard this would be a perfect week to snowshoe!) It was a blustery morning so we started off shivering but soon the sun came out to warm us up a bit and we were able to enjoy learning about how God created all of the animals to survive and adapt to their surroundings. My circulation must be pretty poor (I am always freezing) so my pinky turned white and was numb -- heading toward frostbite and yes, I was wearing mittens. The area we were in reminds me of our backyard as we can walk through our field and into State Forest -- I am so thankful for this blessing! A guided hike was very welcome as we learned so many things and were able to track various animals and learn more about our surroundings. Now we will be even more observant when we go hiking on our own. So.... do you have any idea what animal track this is???


animal track


I wasn't sure at first but our guide pulled a leg of the animal from her backpack and it is from a..................


*


*


*


*


Turkey!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...