Monday, January 22, 2007

Birthday Celebration

Our birthday celebration week has ended! The birthday boys woke on their special day to streamers hanging in their doorway (I now made a permanent one out of ribbons to avoid last minute cutting of crepe paper the night before a birthday). Seeing as their birthday party wasn't until the end of the week we tried to make their day memorable with a special meal on each birthday and rented a movie. Their Grandparents came down to spend the weekend with us which the children all looked forward to. Friday night we had a nice party with all of the Grandparents, Great-Grandpa and my sister and her family. 




This year I only made one birthday cake and thankfully all three could agree upon one! For some reason I started letting the boys pick out what birthday cake I make and that isn't always the best idea. They do have fun looking at designs and get excited when I begin to bake and assemble their special cake. This year I found a fairly simple castle cake that I convinced them to select and it turned out pretty well. Pete and Re-Pete picked a pumpkin cake (one for the flavor and the other for the color) and I filled it with a yummy cream cheese/pumpkin/whipped topping filling. My frosting is always a point of contention for me and I have yet to find the perfect not-too-sweet recipe to use for decorating so that didn't turn out as planned but the boys enjoyed it and it was pretty tasty too.  



Now comes a nice rest from all of the celebrating. But the sorting through of toys to make room for new ones needs to begin! Too many toys!!!



3 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, that is an awesome cake! I think I may try to copy that for the end of the school year cake. :)


Hope you are having a great week.


Diane

KindredHeart said...

Happy belated Birthday to all of your little men!


And I have to say that's an amazing cake! Great job! I made one very similar to that several years ago when we hosted the grandparents for a medieval feast. Mine looked a bit more like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.


Hope you're having a great week, friend!

thislittlelightofmine said...

That cake is adorable!! We are studying Kings & Queens right now and my kids would love it! I loved reading about your children's births and how God saw you through all of it. You are truly blessed! My sister has 4 children with a set of twins and when she had the twins she already had an almost 3 yo and a 18 mo or so. One of the twins also has Downs, so these have certainly been trying times for her but God is seeing her through as well and thankfully she has family nearby to help. Thanks for sharing their beautiful stories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...