Thursday, July 30, 2009

George's 10th Birthday

George turned double digits on Monday! I had not been looking forward to that number as it feels like we are moving way too close to the teen years and I am not ready. He was certainly excited to turn 10 though!

On Monday we did a few things to celebrate and then after John's softball game that night we took him without his siblings out for custard. He was so thrilled to be able to have custard in a waffle cone. He always wants one when we go out but to keep the price down with 8 cones to buy the kids all get the basic sugar cone or a dish. So that was a treat. He didn't seem too sure about sitting in a booth with just Mommy and Daddy though. We do take him out one on one but he was getting antsy sitting and just talking to each other. I do think he enjoyed himself though.

Tonight was the big birthday celebration with family. As I type he is still awake at 10:30 p.m. too excited to sleep. He finished building every lego set he received and is now putting coins he has saved into his new coin collecting book.

His gifts. His siblings chipped in their money to buy him legos this year too. They were so excited to be able to do that. The shoes are a bit worn already as his Grandparents gave them to him early since he really needed them.

We had his traditional meal (he is so big on traditions -- I tried to talk him into going out for pizza but he looked at me as if I was from another planet). So it was kabobs, corn on the cob, fruit salad, and his favorite pasta salad. He really enjoys Lego Indiana Jones and so I found a picture of a cake online that I was able to use as a reference. It didn't turn out exactly as the picture but nice anyway. I frosted it and George put the decorations in place.

This is supposed to depict the scene from the Indiana Jones lego game -- Battle on the Bridge. I don't like how the waterfall looks on this picture.

Those are milk chocolate rocks at the base that looked so real. I used fondant for the vines. Pete and Re-Pete kneaded the color into it for me.

I am so thankful for George! He is my right-hand man and helps in too many ways to count.


Happy Double-Digit Birthday my sweet George!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (late) to your little man! The cake looks great!!! And, your birthday boy does look quite excited with all of his gifts!


See you tomorrow!

Heather

subbertfamily said...

Happy birthday!! What a wonderful day he had!! I think your cake looks wonderful!! I think you did a fabulous job. I always think back to the Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake when my son was 3. Boy, was it ever awful. But we tried and that was what was important.

Have a wonderful and enjoyable and cool summer!

Michelle

momofsix said...

He looks like he is the happiest boy. My son would really enjoy playing legos with him. My son's homeschool blog is: samsworld.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It sounds like we do have a lot in common, although I don't have twins. As far as how we fit in the trailer, we don't. We did for a few weeks at first but were soon ready to transfer at least the older 3 boys to my inlaw's house, which is about 15 feet away. Sometimes 4 of them sleep in the house and then it is quiet and peaceful with 2 in the trailer, besides my husband and I. Jesse (our 18 month old) sleeps in his pack and play and Rachel (3 years old) sleeps on the floor.

I didn't read much of your blog, but I'm looking forward to soon. Nice to "meet" you also.

Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...