Friday, June 6, 2008

Small footprint, big imprint

The Memorial Service for Owen was last night and was beautiful and God-honoring. We know God created little Owen just as He planned and although we don't understand it he is now in the loving arms of Jesus made perfectly whole waiting to meet his Mommy and Daddy face to face.

Heather is experiencing so many emotions. Just imagine giving birth to a sweet baby boy, holding him in your arms, taking in the scent of a newborn, feeling the peach fuzz on his back, examining each perfect little finger and toe. Then the next day you leave the hospital holding only the empty blanket that just moments ago held your son and those few precious memories. Never to see the first baby smile, see him run and jump with his brothers, hear him call your name, "Mama". Then feeling the pain of your milk coming in reminding you that your little one is not there to nurse and cuddle with. Feeling exhausted from lack of sleep, not from getting up in the night with a newborn but getting up with grief and spending that time in crying out to God.


If you try to put yourself in that place you can maybe glimpse a bit of the pain Heather and Jason are experiencing. Heather emailed a few pictures of their “beautiful boy” that is now made whole in heaven. Owen’s face was completely bruised from the trauma of birth and his eyes bulge because of the anencephaly but he was created by God and is beautiful. Please watch the slide show above.


Thanks for praying. Please continue to do so as after meeting little Owen the pain is so much harder to bear.  "We can cry with hope, we can say goodbye with hope because we know our goodbye is not the end. There's a place where we will see your face again" (Steve Curtis Chapman -- With Hope)


"There is no footprint too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."


Psalm 139:13-16 (amplified)


For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.


I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.


My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].


Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.





2 comments:

sahmto4orMore said...

I know i haven't been around, but Heather and Jason have been on my heart since you sent me the message. I will pray for them. They will treasure those beautiful photos of him in the years to come. How precious to have taken them, to have tresured his life for what it was. I am sure he knew in the womb, in his spirit, how much his mama and daddy loved him.

I know the days (and years) ahead will be hard for Heather. Praise the Lord she knows her Comforter and that He will never fail her.

subbertfamily said...

My prayers are with this wonderful and courageous family. My heart aches for them!! I pray that they will comforted by God's love for them and their son. May their children feel His blessings!

Michelle in Japan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...