Monday, May 19, 2008

Racing Practice

The off-road race season begins at the end of this month and my husband has been preparing for the past couple of months. He gets up early most every morning to work on his car so that he is able to still spend time with us as a family in the evenings. Everything is finally coming together and today he had the opportunity to test the car on a racetrack. Typically he will test run the car up and down our country road and so he was thankful that a few guys decided to rent the track a few hours north of here and he was able to chip in.

Yesterday we drove the motorhome hauling the race-trailer to church and can I just say that is a great way to head to church. I was able to feed the baby on the way and then ate breakfast. My husband joked that I could have just taken a shower and gotten ready on the way also. After lunch with my parents we headed up North and were able to spend the evening with my in-laws. The children were up bright and early at 6 a.m. and were excited to get going despite the fact that my husband and I were really looking forward to sleeping in.

It was a beautiful day, although a little chilly from the wind. My husband was able to test out his car to see how ran. The children were able to spend time with their grandparents and get a little taste of racing. They can't wait until the first race and Tank kept asking to go to Missouri today as he did not want to go home. You do know it is boring at home don't you?

We are home again after a quick trip but it was well worth the time for my husband to get the confidence he needed to know that everything is working as it should be.


Here are our little race fans watching their daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see all of you and meet Baby Boy!! It will just be my daughter and I for this round as we feel the baby is too little for tent camping - plus we don't want him waking up the whole camp ground in the middle of the night!!


See you Saturday!!

-Colleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...