Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adjusting...

Sleepy smile at 2 weeks.
Baby is 2 weeks old and we are all adjusting to having him around. I am trying to get in some semblance of a routine but it sure is hard to do with a newborn! He is doing really well with sleeping at night and only wakes up once typically around 3 a.m. which is great, although after getting a decent amount of sleep I still am quite exhausted. During the day he doesn't sleep quite as well and at this point it is a guessing game as to what the routine might be for the day.

I have had my parents here almost every day to help out and keep the other children occupied. Meals have been provided which has been nice, although I am finding a few of our children may be pickier eaters than I had thought, which we are working on. I am trying to rest as much as possible to help with healing and it isn't too difficult to do seeing as my energy is lacking and the desire to get up and go is not very strong either.

I drove for my first time since surgery yesterday which was fine as long as my seat was leaning back more as sitting straight up is not comfortable. Thankfully I am getting around better each day and Tank told me yesterday how well I am moving.

Seppy asked me last night when the baby girl is going to come out. :) I am hoping not to look pregnant for too long but the doctor said it will take some time being that the muscles are going to take awhile to go back to normal. Evidently they had a harder time pulling them back into place with scar tissue all around. It is quite a strange feeling to try and suck in your belly but nothing at all happens. It is as if I have no muscles whatsoever. All in time, I know.


Everyone else seems to have adjusted very well to having a baby again and they all go about their day without a care. I do have quite a few willing helpers and so if they hear crying and I am in the middle of something I often find one of the older boys with baby in his arms trying to console him. I very much appreciate this and I am sure baby does too! I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off too quickly!




2 comments:

Kidcraze said...

Take it easy, girl! It's only been two weeks and it takes quite awhile to heal from even a natural birth, much less a surgery. You need to rest and take it easy to give those muscles a chance to heal. Just snuggle down with that wee one and let others do for you a little longer. These days will be gone before you know it.

A 4 yr old at church on Sunday asked me when my baby boy is coming out......and I'm not even pregnant. I got a kick out of it and motivation to keep doing my new exercise routine. I guess he figured after all these little girls I have it was time for another boy.

Keri Mae said...

I had 2 csec's. Both were perfect times to just stay home and heal and bond all around. Baby is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...